Monday 19 November 2007

#19 Discovering Web 2.0 Tools

So I was scrolling down the list of winners for the 2007 Web 2.0 awards, I was tempted by the Campfire chat tool but after a quick look decided it looked geared towards business communication and therefore wouldn't be very easy (or fun) to trial. It's not much fun talking to yourself!

Couldn't go past the Cocktail Builder. Now don't let that give you the wrong impression! In fact until about a year ago I hadn't ever really had any alcohol. Now that I am indulging in the occasional drink I must admit that it all fascinates me. Take me into a bottle shop and I'm like a child in a foreign candy store. Content to simply gaze in awe at all the different shaped bottles and colors.

So on to cocktail builder! This nifty little site allows you to enter what you have 'in your bar'. And then displays a list of all the different cocktails that you can mix (with proportions and instructions) with what you have on hand. Coming features include being able to print out a fancy looking "menu" if your having a party. The only down side that I can see is that I don't think it saves your settings. So if you have a lot of different things you may have to re-enter them each time you use this. A sign up and log in feature would work.

A bit of fun and silliness. I'll have to remember this site if I ever have a cocktail party because although I know the library has a few books, this is up-to-date and people from all over the world have added to it!

No comments: