Monday 19 November 2007

#18 Web Based Apps

Web Based Apps - They're not just for desktops!

Well I'm not sure how this is going to work. I've read the Welcome message...fixed the spelling on sharing (as opposed to shraing). And now I'm attempting to type up my blog post in Zoho Writer. I must admit that I love that this is online and therefore accessible from virtually anywhere. I also think that being able to share the information and the editing privileges make this another wonderful online tool.

A use that particularly springs to mind is researching family history. All those notes and trees that several of my family are keeping in Geelong and Adelaide can all be entered in Zoho Writer and the excel equivalent and then added to he we discover distant relitaives.

Especially great if someone finds a bit of useful information at the library and the Word doc is saved at home. Just copy and paste it into the online doc and add it to the offline copy when you get home. Or better yet upload the offline copy!

I'm half asleep at the moment so this is as far as I have got in discovering uses for Zoho. But I feel like there are many uses to which I will be putting it in the near future.

....now wheres the spell checker!?

*Update* Spell checker is quiet easy to use (very important to me as spelling is far from being my forte). But was surprised to find that the checker didn't recognise blog, Zoho, online or offline as being words....

No comments: