Thursday 11 October 2007

#11 All About LibraryThing

Ok a little bit of confusion as I couldn't seem to find the 'sign up here' button. Figured out that I don't need a long complicated sign up page. Just pick a username and password (numbers and letters only) and away you go. It was almost too simple! :P lol

This is another new thing/Thing that I'm really pleased to have found/been shown. Fantastic tool for keeping track of all the books. Although I don't have very many books myself, I know a few people that I will be telling about LibraryThing!

Didn't have much trouble inputting books either. Some of my older David Eddings books needed a bit of fiddleing because Amozon.com (the default searcher) only had the newer ones. Lucky for me UNC Chapel Hill had all the old seperate books. Although they don't have
pictures of the covers.

Most exciting for me it that I have managed to put a widget of my library on my blog! If it keeps working (fingers crossed) it should show a random selection of book covers from my library. :)

Check out my library catalogue at:
http://www.librarything.com/catalog/branchbaby
or click on the link in my widget. I'll try and add some more of my books later.

No comments: