Thursday 18 October 2007

#14 Getting Not-So-Technical With Technorati

Well I know that I have been raving on about how good everything is but Technorati just doesn't do it for me. I tried the suggested search of learning 2.0 under the three different search options. Posts with tags....on the 5th page I finally found something that was relevant to what we're doing. Searching my entire posts worked a little bit better and I was able to find about 4 relevant posts in the 9 pages that I scanned down. Searching by blog didn't seem to be turning up anything, I gave up when I got a message saying that it was currently down on the 2nd page.

Now to be fair, i suspect that finding learning 2.0 sites and blogs will get easier as people add tags (or labels as technorati seems to call them) to their blogs. In the mean time I was a bit disappointed that I couldn't find The Sandbox. :P

I was typeing this as I was waiting for the video of technorati tour to work. I'd given up when it started talking to me in the background and I flipped over to it. Hmm let me try this again after registering and then searching. (*sigh* and this was going to be a short post - sorry learning 2.0 people who have to read this and 700 or more ofter peoples waffling....i hope you are using bloglines!!).

Ok *phew* still can't see a drop down menu (like in the video) and the search results are still the same. And I have another log in to keep track of. lol

Checked out the popular section. Learning 2.0 is in the top searches....you know that's cos I tried to a gazillion times? Right??

No comments: