Monday 1 October 2007

#5 Discovering Flickr

Well I've found week 3 to be a bit tricky. Mostly because it was hard to choose a picture out of the millions available. I orginally wanted to get my digital camera up to the library and take some pics and then post them on flickr. I made a yahoo account and a flickr account without too much trouble. Unfortunatly I never got around to remembering my camera. With everything we've got going on at our branch atm (rearranging non-fic, school holidays, etc) it always seemed to slip my mind.

I did decide mid-week that i would just bite the bullet and stick any old photo from flickr onto my blog and I'd add some of my own later on in the program. Thats where things got tricky. There are so many pictures and photos it was hard to choose! I spent a while looking at Kilted MadMan's wedding photos, which had a definate pirate theme going on. The cake was amazeing! I found some cute kittens and some interesting arty pictures. In the end I found some great landscapes which were taken in Ferntree Gully and decided that would at least have some relevance. (I work at FTG branch of ERLC). Wrote my post and stuck the pic on. Was ready to post when someone mentioned copyrights.....eeeep!

So I emailed the helpful learning 2.0 people and ascertained that I could only use the flickr pictures that were marked as free-for-all or creative commons. It was about this time that I came down sick and was in bed recovering for the rest of the week.

So now I am back at work and a bit behind (another challenge to overcome). I've found this wonderful picture of a wave crashing. Fantastic timing on the part of Breno Peck, who all credit must go to for a wonderful photo.

*EDIT*
I've added some photos to my flickr account, check them out at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/branchbaby

2 comments:

Anoewyn said...

Looking great!! Love the ocean picture too :) Hope your feeling better too!!

Branch Baby said...

Feeling heaps better. It's amazeing how 3 days in bed makes you want to get up and do something...anything!!