Thursday 18 October 2007

#13 Tagging, etc in Del.icio.us

Tagging, Del.icio.us....who thinks of these things?? I think this is absolutely fabulous. Del.icio.us is definitely going to be something that I will use post-L2.0. My bookmarks/favorites (which are different on the three or four PCs I have regular access to) are a bit jumbled. To the point where Google is a favorite of mine because I'm always having to try and find sites that I once visited at one stage of another.

The big long list of favorites that I do have (half of which I don't even use anymore) I do try really really hard to keep in some kind of order in folders, etc. But tags are cool! Just off the top of my head I've added 16 pages that I visit regularly. All have the tag 'daily' and a lot of them have the tag 'learning2.0'. I haven't even started putting in the WoW, Pokemon and gardening pages that I like.

The resources for this week are worth commenting on. Us.ef.ul I found to be decidedly not so. A big lot of text is something that I don't want to see when I trying to learn and have fun and take it all in. I skimmed my way though it and managed to pick up a few things. Might be more helpful once I have got myself sorted out. The Several Habits of Wildly Successful del.icio.us Users was a lot more helpful and easier to take on board. But 5 stars go to the youtube video on Social Bookmarking in Plain English. Very clear, Very clever. I was impressed by the pointing and the moving papers and the fact that it all made sense. Fantastic!

My only downer would be that I got excited by the tags and got a bit carried away. I also wasn't very consistent. So I ended up with a lot of tags, some of them only relevent to 1 site. I tried to delete some of my tags in an attempt to streamline and organise myself. I had some trouble with that because I clicked delete and choose a tag from the drop down menu and...it didn't seem to do anything. i also then couldn't continue and choose another tag to delete from the drop down menu. Not sure if that makes sence but try and keep your tags simple and uniform.

I've signed up at Del.ioco.us and you can join my network with the badge to the left.

My Del.ioco.us Sites - check out my mess here :P

No comments: