Thursday 18 October 2007

Not an Offical 'Thing'

Ok well I've been home sick for almost two weeks now but I'm still trying to keep up with this Learning 2.0 stuff as I'm terrified that if I get behind I'll never catch up and will get discouraged. So I've borrowed a laptop and have been learning and playing in between naps.
The last few 'Things' that I wrote about gave me no end of trouble because the pictures that I was trying to put in were appearing at the top of the page and the text refused to wrap around them. Looking back at my older Flickr posts and the same thing has happened. I'm now pretty sure that it's my fault and not just blogger chucking a wobbly at me. You see in an effort to put one of my avatars up from #10 I ventured into the edit html tab....whatever happened wasn't good and i nearly lost the post that I was typeing at the time. I managed to fix it all (or so i thorght) but then had some trouble with the pictures and text.

Finally decided today to bite the bullet and ask IT for help. Unfortunately my work email has decided not to work from home and is coming up with a very worrying message saying that the HTTP 404 could not be found and that perhaps the link is out of date, eep! Looks like I'm on my own for this one. Quick google search (I thorght about trying to set up a Rollyo search for this but decided I should go with what I know for now) and I found this page http://www.htmlgoodies.com/primers/html/article.php/3478131 (hmm looks like the hyperlinks are working now.) The title of 'If you know nothing about html, this is where you start' got me interested and looks to be quiet simple.
Just tryied adding a pic and it worked fine, text wrapped around it and everything. So at least it's not affecting new posts. Going to see if I can get the pictures, text and hyperlinks to work on my pervious posts.

No comments: