Wednesday 3 October 2007

#7 Blog About Technology

I was trying to think of a Technology that I couldn't live without. Something that I use all the time and which still amazes me. I considered the internet and telephones, cars and planes, television and dvd players. There are so many things we can thank technology for, in big ways and small. I decided that my newest toy should feature.

In a recent fad of healthy eating, I decided that I would need a blender to make all the smoothies that I was going to be drinking at least once a day. After staring at the rather overwelming range in Harvy Norman for a while (and with the help of a lovely sales assistant) I eventually came home with slightly more than I had set out to get. The very shiney blender/food processer from Moulinex now has pride of place on my benchtop.
Now why did I feel that I was getting a bargin by spending $200 more than the base blender I hear you, my mother and my housemate asking? Well, at the risk of sounding like an infomercial, it slices, it dices, it chips, it grates, it grinds, it mincers, it presses, it whisks, it extracts juice from vegies, it juices oranges/lemons, it liquidisers, it kneads, it blends AND it has an LCD display which has pre-programed recipes in it. Thats right! If I one day wake up and decide that I would like some Pear Moelleux, I can find the recipe under cakes on the display. It tells me what ingredients and what attachments I need to make it and then steps me through the process.
This is perhaps a piece of technology that I could live without....but wheres the FUN in that? :)

No comments: